Sunday, January 14, 2007

Prawn, Lime and Mango salad

This is what we had as an entree for dinner. I like this salad a lot, in fact, I'm so impressed that I decided to not only share its recipe but I also created a picture of this dish that you can use as your desktop pic if you wish. ;)



Ingredients:

Cold cooked prawns (how many ? depends on how hungry you are !)
Chopped Coriander (Cilantro for our american friends)
Chopped Spanish onion (hola!)
Lime juice (Lemon can also be used)
Fresh red hot chillies (peppers) chopped finely
Ripe mangoes chopped

So as you can see there is a lot of chopping involved, but that's about all that you need to do....just mix the whole lot into a serving bowl and it's ready.
In terms of quantities, keep it balanced but keep in mind that the chilli is only here to give the dish a subtle bite though so a small habanero chilli should be enough.

Now in case you are wondering who prepared this delicious simple dish, well it wasn't me...but I did the dishes !

3 comments:

Bea said...

Gorgeous!

This weekend's find for me was cinnamon and chilli chicken. I can't believe I've been missing it all my life.

Bea

MAX said...

Chilli chiken..Yum !

What's the food like in Singapore ?

beagle said...

Yummmmmmmmm!

Visiting via Vee.